Medicine Procurement: Medicines procured under five public procurement programs are delivered to the regions
Medicines procured for the state budget funds under five government programs are currently delivered to the regions and will be available in health facilities in the nearest future.
Antiretroviral Therapy for Adults, Adolescents and Children
- Zidovudine, 240 ml, vials – 2 241 packs;
Children with Chronic Viral Hepatitis
- Ribavirin, 200 mg – 90 packs;
- Peginterferon-2a, 135 μg / 0.5 ml, prefilled syringe – 831 units;
- Peginterferon-2a, 180 μg / 0.5 ml, prefilled syringe – 72 units
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Iloprost – 2 039 packs
Children with Primary (Congenital) Immune Deficiency
- Human normal immunoglobulin for intravenous administration, 50 mg/ml (5% immunoglobulin), vial of 50 ml – 2 239 units;
- Voriconazole, 50 mg, tablets – 26 packs
- Ombitasvir / Paritaprevir, 12.5 mg / 75 mg / 50 mg, tablets – 1 193 packs;
- Dasabuvir, 250 mg, tablets – 1 193 packs
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine procures medicines and healthcare products for the funds allocated from the state budget – the amount annually approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (UAH 3.4 billion in 2016, UAH 5.9 billion in 2017, and UAH 5.9 billion in 2018). On average, about 45% of the total demand for medicine procurement is covered by the national sources – funds allocated from the state budget.
Medicine procurement through specialized international organizations allows negotiating on prices, and therefore, increasing the purchase volume.
In case when specific medicines are available in stock at hospital, but a patient does not receive it free of charge for any reason, this patient should submit a written notice to the chief physician of this particular health facility or to the local administration / health department, indicating diagnosis with the relevant testing or screening results, and the prescribed medicines.
Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 509 stipulates that all health facilities and institutions are obliged to publish information on availability in stock of medicines and healthcare products.
Detailed information about medicine procurement is available in Ukrainian: http://moz.gov.ua/zakupivli-likiv