Medicine Procurement: Medicines procured under six government programs are delivered to the regions
Medicines procured for the state budget funds under six government programs are currently delivered to the regions and will be available in health facilities in the nearest future.
- Diphtheria and Tetanus Antitoxin – 23 560 vials
Pre- and Post-Transplantation Patients
- Azathioprine – 180 packs;
- Diagnostic kits for determination of Tacrolimus concentration – 21 sets.
Neonatal Screening for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Kits for screening newborns for congenital adrenal hyperplasia using blood samples, dried on filter paper – 265 kits
Epidermolysis bullosa (EB)
- FIXA-CREP Elastic Fixation Bandage 4cm x 4m –21 560 bandages;
- FIXA-CREP Elastic Fixation Bandage 6cm x 4m – 24 620 bandages.
Systems for external quality assurance in HIV diagnostics and HIV test kit evaluation
- Standard control (qualification) panel serums containing (in different concentrations) and not containing HIV antibodies – 525 vials
Child, Adolescent and Adult Antiretroviral Therapy (ART)
- Raltegravir 400 mg – 872 packs
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine procures medicines and healthcare products for the funds allocated from the state budget – the amount annually approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (UAH 3.4 billion in 2016, UAH 5.9 billion in 2017, and UAH 5.9 billion in 2018). On average, about 45% of the total demand for medicine procurement is covered by the national sources – funds allocated from the state budget.
Medicine procurement through specialized international organizations allows negotiating on prices, and therefore, increasing the purchase volume.
In case when specific medicines are available in stock at hospital, but a patient does not receive it free of charge for any reason, this patient should submit a written notice to the chief physician of this particular health facility or to the local administration / health department, indicating diagnosis with the relevant testing or screening results, and the prescribed medicines.
Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 509 stipulates that all health facilities and institutions are obliged to publish information on availability in stock of medicines and healthcare products.
Detailed information about medicine procurement is available in Ukrainian: http://moz.gov.ua/zakupivli-likiv