Medicine Procurement: Medicines procured under three government programs are delivered to the regions
Medicines procured for budget funds under three government programs are currently delivered to the regions and will be available in healthcare facilities in the nearest future.
Antiretroviral Therapy in Adults, Adolescents and Children
- Nevirapine – 3 623 packs;
- Lamivudine – 18 262 packs;
- Tenofovir – 107 281 packs;
- Emtricitabine / Tenofovir – 98 031 packs.
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Temozolomide – 516 packs;
- Posaconazole – 2 823 packs;
- Kapofungin – 5 459 packs.
Pre- and Post-Transplantation Patients
- Dialysis Kit (with a 1.3–1.6 m2 dialyzer, blood flow lines and the set of fistula needles) – 134 kits;
- Dialysis Kit (with a 1.7-2.0 m2 dialyzer, blood flow lines and the set of fistula needles) – 190 kits.
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine procures medicines and healthcare products for the allocated budget funds – the amount annually approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (UAH 3.4 billion in 2016, UAH 5.9 billion in 2017, and UAH 5.9 billion in 2018). On average, about 45% of the total demand for medicine procurement is covered by the national sources – funds allocated from the state budget.
Medicine procurement through specialized international organizations allows negotiating on prices, and therefore, increasing the purchase volume.
In case when specific medicines are available in stock at hospital, but a patient does not receive it free of charge for any reason, this patient should submit a written notice to the chief physician of this particular healthcare facility or to the local administration / health department, indicating diagnosis with the relevant testing or screening results, and the prescribed medicines.
Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 509 stipulates that all healthcare facilities and institutions are obliged to publish information on availability in stock of medicines and healthcare products.
Detailed information about medicine procurement is available in Ukrainian: http://moz.gov.ua/zakupivli-likiv