Public Procurement: Medicines are delivered to the regions
Medicines procured for the state budget funds under four government programs are currently delivered to the regions. These medicines will be available in health facilities in the nearest future.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Bosentan 62.5 mg tablets – 162 packs, 125 mg tablets – 172 packs
Neonatal Respiratory Disorders
- Phospholipids, natural surfactant preparations – 1 988 vials
Pre- and Post-Transplantation Disorders
- Azathioprine – 7 600 tablets
Child Hemophilia A or Von Willebrand Disease
- Human Coagulation Factor VIII (Plasma), 250 IU – 2 563 packs;
- Human Coagulation Factor VIII (Plasma) for children with Hemophilia A, 1000 IU – 3 800 packs;
- Human Coagulation Factor VIII (Plasma), 500 IU – 533 packs;
- Human Coagulation Factor VIII (Plasma) for children with Von Willebrand disease, 1000 IU – 1 230 packs;
- Human Coagulation Factor VIII and Von Willebrand Factor– 996 packs;
- Human Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), 500 IU – 1 747 packs.
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine procures medicines and healthcare products for the funds allocated from the state budget – the amount annually approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (UAH 3.4 billion in 2016, UAH 5.9 billion in 2017, and UAH 5.9 billion in 2018). On average, about 45% of the total demand for medicine procurement is covered by the national sources – funds allocated from the state budget.
Medicine procurement through specialized international organizations allows negotiating on prices, and therefore, increasing the purchase volume.
In case when specific medicines are available in stock at hospital, but a patient does not receive it free of charge for any reason, this patient should submit a written notice to the chief physician of this particular health facility or to the local administration / health department, indicating diagnosis with the relevant testing or screening results, and the prescribed medicines.
Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 509 stipulates that all health facilities and institutions are obliged to publish information on availability in stock of medicines and healthcare products.
Detailed information about medicine procurement is available in Ukrainian: http://moz.gov.ua/zakupivli-likiv