Medicine Procurement: Medicines procured under five government programs are delivered to the regions
Medicines and healthcare products procured for the state budget funds under five government programs are currently delivered to the regions and will be available in health facilities in the nearest future.
Adult Cystic Fibrosis (Mucoviscidosis)
- Dornase Alpha* – 2 333 packs
Neonatal Respiratory Disorders
- Coagulation Factor IX, II, VII and X in combination* – 748 vials
Reagents for Screening Newborns for Phenylketonuria and Congenital Hypothyroidism
- U-bottom plates – 4900 plates
Female Oral Contraceptives
- Combined oral contraceptives (25-35 μg estradiol and gestagen) – 147 pills
- Leuprorelin* – 733 packs;
- Letrozole * (2.5 mg, in blisters of 10, 10 blisters per carton) - 2.5 mg (10 blisters per carton) – 718 packs;
- Letrozole * (film-coated tablets, 2.5 mg, in blisters of 10, 3 blisters per carton) - 2.5 mg – 15 168 packs;
- Letrozole * (film-coated tablets, 2.5 mg, in blisters of 10, 3 blisters per carton) - 2.5 mg (3 blisters per carton) – 951 packs;
- Paclitaxel – 32 959 packs.
The Ministry of Health of Ukraine procures medicines and healthcare products for the funds allocated from the state budget – the amount annually approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (UAH 3.4 billion in 2016, UAH 5.9 billion in 2017, and UAH 5.9 billion in 2018). On average, about 45% of the total demand for medicine procurement is covered by the national sources – funds allocated from the state budget.
Medicine procurement through specialized international organizations allows negotiating on prices, and therefore, increasing the purchase volume.
In case when specific medicines are available in stock at hospital, but a patient does not receive it free of charge for any reason, this patient should submit a written notice to the chief physician of this particular health facility or to the local administration / health department, indicating diagnosis with the relevant testing or screening results, and the prescribed medicines.
Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 509 stipulates that all health facilities and institutions are obliged to publish information on availability in stock of medicines and healthcare products.
Detailed information about medicine procurement is available in Ukrainian: http://moz.gov.ua/zakupivli-likiv