Ministry of Health expands cooperation with the international medical humanitarian organization “Doctors Without Borders”
Deputy Minister of Health — Chief State Sanitary doctor Ihor Kuzin met with the management of representative offices of the international charity organization "Doctors Without Borders"/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), which work in Ukraine. Representatives of the international organization reported on what has been done since the beginning of russia's full-scale armed invasion of Ukraine, and also discussed further plans for 2023.
MSF's main areas of work in 2022:
- Operation of mobile hospitals for internally displaced persons (IDPs) and victims of military operations.
- Providing psychological assistance to IDPs, military personnel, medical workers and emergency services with PTSD.
- Opening and supporting the work of shelters for IDPs.
- Evacuation of people from war zones and their further support.
- Helping victims of sexual violence.
- Work in de-occupied territories.
“Thank you for your work and help. I am sure that such meetings will contribute to deepening cooperation between our institutions and allow working more efficiently,” Ihor Kuzin said.
The new areas that are currently a priority:
- reconstruction and restoration of medical institutions;
- support of laboratories in the surveillance system.
The ministry continues to engage international partners to minimize the consequences of russia's aggressive war against Ukraine and ensure that Ukrainians can receive timely medical care.