Those vaccinated against COVID-19 can get an international vaccination certificate
Those who have been vaccinated with two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine can get an international vaccination certificate if necessary.
Such a certificate can only be obtained in paper form immediately after vaccination with a second dose of the vaccine or in any medical institution connected to the electronic health care system, in particular from a family doctor, for presentation, if necessary, when crossing the state border.
The international vaccination certificate:
- - For multi-dose vaccines is given only after receiving the last dose.
- - If you receive a certificate not immediately after vaccination, but by contacting a doctor, the certificate is filled in on the basis of vaccination data entered in the electronic health care system.
- - It is filled in English or French, and additionally also in Ukrainian.
- - It will contain the patient's personal data (last name and first name will be written in Latin characters in the same way as in a citizen's passport, or according to transliteration rules), as well as information about vaccination (name of the vaccine, date of vaccination, etc.).
- - If necessary and at the request of a person, the institution must print and arrange it in accordance with international requirements.
- - It must have an official stamp of the health care institution and the signature of the doctor.
- - Must be signed by the patient or their authorized representative.
- - It will only be valid if the administered vaccine is approved for emergency use by WHO.
- - The certificate is valid for one year with the possibility of extension.
If a person has absolute contraindications to vaccination against COVID-19, instead of a certificate, at the request of the patient, a written explanation is provided in Ukrainian and/or English with a list of grounds for such a decision.
Important! International vaccination certificates should not be confused with “immune passports” or “COVID certificates”, which are currently being developed in Ukraine and abroad, as these are different concepts.
Ukraine currently uses three anti-coronavirus vaccines: Comirnaty from Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca from various manufacturers and CoronaVac from Sinovac Biotech. All of them have received permission from the World Health Organization for emergency use.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccination by calling the Contact Center on 0 800 60 20 19 and on the website vaccination.covid19.gov.ua.