The Verkhovna Rada ratified a framework agreement with the Government of Austria, which will allow implementing projects to create a National Rehabilitation Center in Lviv and build and equip the Okhmatdyt NSCH and a modern university clinic in Kyiv
On 1 December the Verkhovna Rada ratified the framework agreement between the governments of Ukraine and Austria on economic cooperation in project development.
The law was adopted to implement domestic procedures necessary for mutually beneficial long-term cooperation between the government of Ukraine and the government of the Republic of Austria. It is aimed at:
- using economic potential to strengthen bilateral economic relations;
- intensification of bilateral economic relations, in particular in the field of investment, innovation, and implementation of economic projects, especially in the field of medical technologies and healthcare institutions, but not limited to them;
- promoting the development of modern social and educational infrastructure, in particular the development of a network of modern medical and vocational educational institutions; the development of international economic cooperation and the insurance medicine market in Ukraine, etc.
“During the war the enemy damaged 1,157 health facilities, 144 were completely destroyed. More than UAH 38 billion is needed to restore them. This year we planned to reconstruct one regional adult and one children’s hospital in each regional center for almost this amount. We wanted to make them European-style comfortable for both the patient and the medical worker. The enemy is trying to destroy our plans, but we are not only holding on, but also launching new ambitious projects in cooperation with international partners. The ratification of the framework agreement between the governments of Ukraine and Austria on economic cooperation in the development of projects allows us to launch the implementation of our next plans,” says Health Minister Viktor Liashko.
The framework agreement creates legal grounds for the development of projects such as:
- construction (reconstruction) and equipment of the NSCH “Okhmatdyt” in Kyiv (the total cost of the project is 200 million euros);
- construction and equipment of a modern university clinic in Kyiv (the total cost of the project is 350 million euros);
- creation of a National Rehabilitation Center in Lviv (the total cost of the project is 75 million euros).
At the same time, the list of projects is not exhaustive and is open for adding other priority programs for Ukraine.